Oddle's Online Ordering Platform allows you to easily add simple or complex products to your online menu, organise them under different categories, and configure display and availability settings. All your products can be easily managed through the "Menu" page in the Web Dashboard.
A simple product is a product that has only 1 price. Here is an example of what a simple product in may look like in your online shop.
To add a simple product:
First add a category by typing the category name in the input box under the "Category" panel and hit "Save"
Select the newly added category and add your product name and price under the "Item" Panel.
Click "Save" to save your product
Product descriptions give your customers more information about your product and help them in their purchase evaluation. Add relevant information such as ingredients used or even the story behind your dish. We recommend keeping the description to just 2-3 lines. You can add your product description in the "Description" input box.
Product images are optional but are highly recommended as they showcase your offering and entice your customers to convert. To add product images, simply click on the "Select Files" button in the panel on the right or drag your images into the target area. Do note the recommended file specifications allowed - JPG and PNG only, maximum file size 5MB, Max dimension 1500px x 1500px.
Apart from adding simple products, you can also add products which have variants and options. Variants are modifications (i.e. size, colour, weight) of a particular product. Options are used if a product can be customised by the customers (i.e, selecting different toppings for a salad). You can set up products with both just variants, options, or both.
Complex Products can be configured in the ways:
Product with only variants (e.g. Pizzas with different sizes)
Product with only options (e.g. Salad Bowls with optional toppings)
Product with variants and options (e.g. Salad bowls with different bowl sizes and optional toppings)
Products with different options for different options (e.g. Salad bowls with different bowl sizes and different toppings for each size)
Here is a simple example to further illustrate how you can build complex items using variants and options.
Here are examples of what a product with variants, a products with options and a product with variants and options may look like in your online shop.
Product with variants only
Product with options only
Product with variants and options
To add a product variant:
1. Create a simple product
2. Click "Add" in the variants box of the product
3. Key in the variant name (i.e. small, medium, large) and the corresponding variant price
4. Click on save and repeat step 3 to add as many variants as required
To add product options:
1. Create a simple product
2. Click "Add" in the options box of the product
3. Click on "Add New Option" in the dialog that appears
4. Key in the option name or description (i.e. Select five toppings) in the "option name" input box.
5. Input the minimum selection quantity for this option. If customers select more than the minimum quantity, they will be charged the normal price for the options.
6. Input the maximum selection quantity for this option. Customers are not able to select more than the maximum quantity set.
7. You may add new items or use existing items / categories as options available for selection
8. To add a new item as an option, click on "Add New Item" in the drop down.
9. Subsequently, input Item name and price.
10. Select the category that you want the item to be categorised under. You can also create a new category (i.e. Toppings).
11. To use an existing item / category as option(s), you can search and select from the existing list of items / categories - Type the item / category name in the Search to find the desired item / category.
12. After deciding on the items that are available for selection as options, you will need to decide on the price for quantity of options that are below minimum amount. (i.e. Price for free toppings will be 0). Click Save.
13. To tag the option set to the product, tick the check box beside corresponding option name and click Save.
14. If you want to add more options, click Add New Options and repeat all the steps from step 4.
To add different options for different variants:
Create a simple product
Create variants for the product
Ensure that you have added variants for the product
Click on the drop down arrow next to the variant which you which to add options for
Add product options
Repeat the process from step 4 for all relevant variants
Categories and products can be easily be arranged to your liking. To arrange any product or category, simply click and hold the drag handle (The icon with the 3 horizontal black bars), and drag the product or category to the position that you desire.
As a platform tailored for the food services industry, Oddle allows you to configure how your products are displayed and when your products are available for ordering. To access the settings for a particular product or category, simply click on the "gear" icon next to the desired product / category. Do not that the product settings will take precedence over the category settings that the product is under.
Products / categories can either set as a regular item / category (default) or seasonal item / category.
Regular items that are items that are evergreen on your menu - they will be available for your customers to order all year round. By default, all items and categories are set as regular.
Regular items can also be configured to be only available on certain days of the week (i.e. Monday - Friday). To set the days that an item is available, select the relevant days under "Available Days".
Regular items can also be configured to be be only available on certain times of a day (i.e. Breakfast: 8AM - 11AM). To set the time of a day that an item is available, select the relevant times under "Collection Time".
Items can be set as seasonal items if they are only available for ordering during a limited or fixed period of time. For example, if you are running a special promotion where you have a limited edition burger available only in the month June, you can use this feature to control how and when your items can be ordered for.
To set when a seasonal item is available, first set the item as a "Seasonal Item". You can configure the "Collection Dates" which determine the dates in which an item can be ordered for. You can additionally set "Order Dates" to limit when a customer can start placing orders for these seasonal items. For example, if I set the order dates as Jan 1 - Jan 31 and the Collection Dates as Feb 1 - Feb 28, a customer will be place an order anytime between Jan 1 - 31 for a pickup or delivery order during Feb 1 - 28.